Monday, October 28, 2019

Losing my attraction to Asian Women

Since I was a little kid I  always really attracted to Asian girls. The first time I had a crush on a girl, it was actually a Chinese girl in my class. And, growing up on the Lower East Side, which neighbors Chinatown, I was given ample opportunities for eye-candy and my interests in Asian girls to be maintained.

As I got more into Japan, the general attraction towards Asian women shifted to a more specific and refined attraction to Japanese women. I was really fond of their particular look, height, build and facial bone structure. Overtime, through growing exposure and interests in Japanese culture, I also grew to find the mannerism of Japanese women incredibly sexy. Not only that but, Japanese as a language became a very romantic sounding language to me. So I'd literally get turned on just listening to a Japanese girl speak.

Around a year ago however, at the ripe old age of 30, that grip Japanese women held over me for so long finally began loosening. I can honestly say that I'm mostly uninterested in them, at least in any exclusive way. There's a familiarity with them though, like comfort food. And I think that because I've mainly interacted with Japanese women over any other type, I'm most at ease with them. 

Unrelated but, even though Idols being Japanese girls might've drawn me to the fandom originally, my enjoyment of the fandom is mostly innocent. People think I'm just a pervert on the surface because I love Japanese girls. If they knew how separated my sexuality is from my idol hobby, maybe they'd stop looking down on me for my interests? Not sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment